Faculty and alumni at University of the Sciences collaborated to write chapters for the second edition of Leadership and Management in Pharmacy Practice—which was published in December, under the direction of Andrew M. Peterson*, PharmD, PhD, John Wyeth Dean of Mayes College of Healthcare Business and Policy and professor of clinical pharmacy and health policy at USciences.
As leaders in the pharmaceutical industry, the authors ensured that this book:
- Discusses a variety of leadership and managerial issues facing pharmacists now and in the future
- Contains information that applies to all settings of pharmacy practice: community, hospital, industry, ambulatory care, and long-term care
- Integrates external resources including websites and case studies
- Features leadership interwoven throughout each chapter
- Includes cases and questions to promote critical thinking and application of learning
Other USciences faculty and alumni contributors, include:
- Patricia Audet, PharmD, chair of the Department of Pharmaceutical Healthcare and Business
- Robert Votta, PhD, assistant professor of pharmaceutical and healthcare business
- Gary Sloskey, PharmD, associate professor of clinical pharmacy
- Steve Gilbert P’76, director of pharmacy at Hampton Behavioral Health Center
- James Hoffman P'00, PharmD'01, associate member of pharmaceutical sciences/medical outcomes and safety officer at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- Melanie Oates PhD’98, assistant professor of business at Chatham University
- Stephanie Zarus P’85, PharmD’88, managing director of healthcare innovation at Avancer Group
*William N. Kelly, professor of pharmacotherapeutics and clinical research at the College of Pharmacy at the University of South Florida in Tampa, also served as co-editor of this book.